Welcome to The VA Handbook
There’s a lot of information on becoming a Virtual Assistant out there and you’re probably already in a bit of a pickle by the time you’ve reached this site:
- You’re confused as to whether you could cut it as a VA
- You’re not completely sure what being a VA involves, what your niche should be or how to get clients
- You’re not even sure where you start finding this stuff out
- You’re not certain if and when you should leave your job and just go for it
- You’re worried you’re going to balls it up and end up penniless in the workhouse
- You’ve already read a ton of information and now your head is about to explode
- You’re probably completely over-thinking everything
Don’t worry. You’ve found my site and everything is going to be ok!
Your search is over. Here you’ll find everything you need from how to set up a Virtual Assistant business, advice on how to work better once you’re established, tutorials so you can pick up new skills and expand your niche, and further resources to help you become the most talented, sought after VA on the block.
This site is for you if:
- You don’t like following either rules or the herd.
- You zig when everyone else zags.
- You’re new skool not old skool.
- You want to create your own future and not have it dictated to you.
How to use the site
Because there’s a lot of information on the site and people are at different stages in setting up their business, I want it to be really easy for you to find what you need without having to trawl through the whole thing.
So just use the category section (or search box) in the sidebar, or look at the complete list of all my blog posts below then simply click on the article you want to read.
BLOG POST ARCHIVES
Why you should become a Virtual Assistant
How to become a Virtual Assistant
Are you cut out to be a Virtual Assistant?
Qualities every VA needs to have
15 blunt truths about what it means to be a Virtual Assistant
10 things they don’t tell you about being a freelancer
TEST: 3 example VA tasks for you to try
How to go from PA to VA in just 3 months
How to choose your niche
How to decide what services to offer
How to decide on a company name
How to set your rates
Should you display your rates on your website?
Virtual Assistant website checklist (what you need)
How and where to host your WordPress website
Is your website an abomination?
Things to consider when designing your logo
How to get testimonials when you’re just starting out
When to leave your job to be a full time VA
How to prepare even if you’re still working full time
National insurance and the tax man
Using a time tracker to record client work
How to invoice and get paid
Should you take out insurance?
Marketing and finding work
The 3 best ways to find your first client
25 ways to market your Virtual Assistant business
30 Virtual Assistant services you could offer
How to get awesome clients
How to write a great LinkedIn profile
Three LinkedIn message templates
Virtual Assistants reveal their first client (and how they got them)
20 ways to be da bomb on Twitter
How to network
How to write your elevator pitch
Do freelancing job sites work?
How to drive traffic to your VA website
Associate work: your questions answered
How to work better once you get clients
How to raise your hourly rate
How to avoid time-waster clients
How to manage difficult clients
The biggest blunder I ever made
What to do when a potential client doesn’t know what they need you for
Should your client sign a contract?
How to handle late payers
How and when to fire a client
Replay of the Q&A interview with my favourite client
Learn and develop
How to capture or record your computer screen
How to share your computer screen on Skype
Using Rapportive for Gmail
7 awesome Gmail labs
5 tips for managing emails and multiple email accounts
This service will earn you a great income throughout your career
Overcome any challenge with a SWOT analysis
How to use Pinterest to collaborate with clients
20 ways to prepare your business for next year
How to chase invoices for your clients
Why you should join a Mastermind or Accountability group
Do you need a blog and what should you write about?
Business books that have helped my career
Why there has never been a better time to be a VA
The best things about being a VA
Answers to every worry you have
Say no to the naysayers!
Read this then just set up your business already!
3 incredible life-changing VA stories
Read interviews with new and established VAs
Watch short videos from new VAs
My business birthday & some serious motivation
My life – it’s all about me!
20 random things you don’t know about me
Business books that have helped my career
My own Virtual Assistant story
What my workspaces look like
How I keep my financial records
How I survive winter without frostbite, fractures or an extortionate heating bill
Thinking about doing my DIY VA course?
If you’re thinking of investing in my DIY VA course and setting up your own Virtual Assistant business then it may be helpful to find out if it actually gets results!
- Click here to watch short video interviews from trainees who are now working VAs.
- Click here to read success stories from course graduates, see what their lives are like now, and decide whether the course lives up to all the hype.
- Click here to see what modules are covered and to read FAQs and testimonials from happy buyers.
- Click here to read all the additional testimonials I couldn’t fit on the sales page!