LINKS TO OTHER SITES AND/OR MATERIALS
All copyright, trademarks, and other intellectual property rights (registered and unregistered) of The VA Handbook Ltd Material belong to The VA Handbook Ltd and its suppliers. The VA Handbook Ltd reserves all of its rights in The VA Handbook Ltd Material. Nothing in the Terms grants you a right or licence to use any intellectual property rights owned or controlled by The VA Handbook Ltd or any other third party except as expressly provided in these Terms.
In addition, The VA Handbook Ltd Material contains information and intellectual property that is selected and organized by The VA Handbook Ltd and represents significant work made by The VA Handbook Ltd. Nothing in the Terms should be construed as granting any licence or right to use any The VA Handbook Ltd Material or intellectual property displayed or used in any The VA Handbook Ltd Material except as expressly provided in the Terms.
You agree to the following:
- The VA Handbook Ltd Material is the property of The VA Handbook Ltd and its suppliers.
- You will not use The VA Handbook Ltd Material for any purpose other than is expressly permitted in these Terms.
- You will not distribute in any medium any The VA Handbook Ltd Material without The VA Handbook Ltd prior written authorization or as expressly provided these Terms.
- Any distribution or past distribution of any The VA Handbook Ltd Material that violates these Terms is subject to liquidated damages in an amount equal to that which would be payable by a copyright infringer for knowingly copying a work.
- Any materials sold on this site are for the use of the person or business entity that purchase them only. The purchase of the materials grants you no right to distribute, re-sell, or share for the purpose of use by others.
COPYRIGHT COMPLAINTS AND COPYRIGHT AGENT
If you are a copyright owner or an agent thereof and believe, in good faith, that any materials provided on the Service infringe upon your copyrights, you may submit a notification by sending the following information in writing to the our designated copyright agent at 2b Trafalgar Mews, Brighton, East Sussex, England, BN1 4EZ.
- The date of your notification;
- A physical or electronic signature of a person authorised to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed;
- A description of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, or, if multiple copyrighted works at a single online site are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works at that site;
- A description of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and information sufficient to enable us to locate such work;
- Information reasonably sufficient to permit the service provider to contact you, such as an address, telephone number, and/or email address;
- A statement that you have a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorised by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
- A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that you are authorised to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
EMAIL MAY NOT BE USED TO PROVIDE NOTICE
Communications made through the Service’s email and messaging system will not constitute legal notice to the Site, the Service, or any of its officers, employees, agents or representatives in any situation where legal notice is required by contract or any law or regulation.
USER CONSENT TO RECEIVE COMMUNICATIONS IN ELECTRONIC FORM
We may also use your email address to send you other messages, including information about the Site or the Service and special offers. You may opt out of such email by using the “Unsubscribe” link in the message, or by sending an email to support(at)thevahandbook.com.
Opting out may prevent you from receiving messages regarding the Site, the Service or special offers.
BILLING AND PAYMENTS
We reserve the right to change products and product pricing at any time. We also reserve the right to refuse any order you place with us. We may, in our sole discretion, limit or cancel quantities purchased per person, per household or per order. These restrictions may include orders placed by or under the same customer account, the same credit card, and/or orders that use the same billing and/or shipping address. In the event that we make a change to or cancel an order, we may attempt to notify you by contacting the email and/or billing address/phone number provided at the time the order was made.
THE SERVICE, IS PROVIDED “AS IS,” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, WE EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES, WHETHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED OR STATUTORY, REGARDING THE SERVICE INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ANY WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE, SECURITY, ACCURACY AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, WE MAKE NO WARRANTY OR REPRESENTATION THAT ACCESS TO OR OPERATION OF THE SERVICE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR FREE. YOU ASSUME FULL RESPONSIBILITY AND RISK OF LOSS RESULTING FROM YOUR DOWNLOADING AND/OR USE OF FILES, INFORMATION, CONTENT OR OTHER MATERIAL OBTAINED FROM THE SERVICE. SOME JURISDICTIONS LIMIT OR DO NOT PERMIT DISCLAIMERS OF WARRANTY, SO THIS PROVISION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
LIMITATION OF DAMAGES:
RELEASE TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, IN NO EVENT SHALL THE SITE, THE SERVICE, ITS AFFILIATES, DIRECTORS, OR EMPLOYEES, OR ITS LICENSORS OR PARTNERS, BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY LOSS OF PROFITS, USE, OR DATA, OR FOR ANY INCIDENTAL, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES, HOWEVER ARISING, THAT RESULT FROM: (A) THE USE, DISCLOSURE, OR DISPLAY OF YOUR USER CONTENT; (B) YOUR USE OR INABILITY TO USE THE SERVICE; (C) THE SERVICE GENERALLY OR THE SOFTWARE OR SYSTEMS THAT MAKE THE SERVICE AVAILABLE; OR (D) ANY OTHER INTERACTIONS WITH USE OR WITH ANY OTHER USER OF THE SERVICE, WHETHER BASED ON WARRANTY, CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE) OR ANY OTHER LEGAL THEORY, AND WHETHER OR NOT WE HAVE BEEN INFORMED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE, AND EVEN IF A REMEDY SET FORTH HEREIN IS FOUND TO HAVE FAILED OF ITS ESSENTIAL PURPOSE. SOME JURISDICTIONS LIMIT OR DO NOT PERMIT DISCLAIMERS OF LIABILITY, SO THIS PROVISION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
If you have a dispute with one or more users, a restaurant or a merchant of a product or service that you review using the Service, you release us (and our officers, directors, agents, subsidiaries, joint ventures and employees) from claims, demands and damages (actual and consequential) of every kind and nature, known and unknown, arising out of or in any way connected with such disputes.
You agree that any cause of action related to or arising out of your relationship with the Company must commence within ONE year after the cause of action accrues. Otherwise, such cause of action is permanently barred.
The VA Handbook Ltd is committed to providing you with the highest standard of service. If you are dissatisfied with a training product and wish to complain you should, in the first instance, contact the VA Handbook Ltd in writing at:
The VA Handbook Ltd
2b Trafalgar Mews
Or by telephone on 07852 200741
Or by email on support(at)thevahandbook.com
What happens next?
We’ll get back to you as quickly as we can, normally within five business days, but sometimes we might need a little more time to look into your complaint. If this happens, we’ll contact you within this time to tell you:
– why we can’t respond in full to your concerns yet
– when we’ll be back in touch
In most cases, we finish looking into complaints within two weeks but if it takes longer, we’ll update you on our progress regularly throughout this time.
Where you are not satisfied with the final response from the VA Handbook, you also have the right to refer your complaint to Trading Standards. For more information regarding the scope of Trading Standards, please refer to https://www.tradingstandards.uk/
Please be aware that Trading Standards will not deal with your complaint until you have given us the opportunity to reply first.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
The VA Handbook Ltd collects “Non-Personal Information” and “Personal Information” in the categories described below.
The VA Handbook Ltd will process information about your use of our website and services (“usage data”). The usage data may include
(1) The browser types and versions used
(2) The operating system used by the accessing system
(3) The website from which an accessing system reaches our website (so-called referrers)
(4) The sub-websites
(5) The date and time (so-called timestamp) of access to the Internet site
(6) An Internet protocol address (IP address)
(7) The internet service provider (ISP) of the accessing system
(8) The geographical location of the user
(9) The page views and site navigation path
(10) The pattern of the users use of the service with regards to timing and frequency
(11) Any other similar data and information that may be used in the event of attacks on our information technology systems.
The source of the usage data is Google Analytics. We use Google Analytics software to collect information about how you use our site. We do this to help make sure the site is meeting the needs of its users and to help us make improvements, for example improving site search. The usage data collected is needed to:
(1) deliver the content of our website correctly
(2) optimise the content of our website as well as any advertisement
(3) ensure the long-term viability of our information technology systems and website technology
(4) provide law enforcement authorities with the information necessary for criminal prosecution in case of a cyber-attack.
Google Analytics stores information about:
- The pages you visit
- How long you spend on each page
- How you got to the site
- What you click on while you’re visiting the site
We don’t collect or store your personal information (for example your name or address) so this information can’t be used to identify who you are and we don’t allow Google to use or share our analytics data.
You can opt out of Google Analytics cookies.
In order to process this information, we have obtained the user’s consent in the interest of monitoring and improving our website and services.
The VA Handbook Ltd may process information that you provide for the purpose of subscribing to our email notifications and/or newsletters (“notification data”). Our newsletter may only be received by the user if:
(1) the user has a valid email address and
(2) the user registers for the newsletter shipping.
A confirmation email will be sent to the email address registered by a user for the first time for newsletter shipping, for legal reasons, in a double opt-in procedure. The confirmation email is used to prove whether the owner of the email address as the user is authorised to receive the newsletter.
When the user registers for the newsletter, we also store the IP address of the computer system assigned by the internet service provider (ISP) and used by the user at the time of the registration, as well as the date and time of the registration. The purpose of the collection of this data is to legally protect The VA Handbook Ltd by ensuring understanding of the possible misuse of the email address of a user at a later date. The personal information collected as part of a registration for the newsletter will only be used to send our newsletter.
The subscription to the newsletter may be terminated by the user at any time. The consent to the storage of personal data, which the user has given prior to the shipping of the newsletter, may be revoked at any time. For the purpose of revoking consent, a corresponding link for unsubscribing is found in each newsletter.
Enquiry data, correspondence data, and customer relationship data
The VA Handbook Ltd may process information contained in any enquiry you submit to us regarding our services and products (“enquiry data”). If a user contacts us via email or via a contact form, the personal information transmitted by the user is automatically stored.
The personal information may include:
(1) the user’s contact information
(2) the user’s name
(3) the name of the user’s employer
(4) the user’s job title or role
(5) the metadata associated with the communication
(6) and information contained in communications between the user and The VA Handbook Ltd
Such personal data transmitted on a voluntary basis by a user to The VA Handbook Ltd are stored for the purpose of processing or contacting the user, managing our relationships with customers, keeping records of communication with the user, and promoting our products and services to customers.
The VA Handbook Ltd may process information that the users post for publication on our website or through our services (“publication data”). On our website the users can post information in the following ways:
Comments on blog posts
Embedded content from other websites
The VA Handbook Ltd may process information that relates to transactions, including purchases of goods and services, that the user enters into with us and/or through our website (“transaction data”). The transaction data may include:
(1) the user’s contact details
(2) the user’s bank card details
(3) the transaction details with regards to the purchase
In order to process the transactions on our website, we use the following third-party payment services providers SendOwl, PayPal and Stripe. We do not store or process your card details ourselves, they are processed and stored via one of these contracted third party service providers. We encrypt your payment card details in your browser and securely transfer this data to our relevant third party payment provider to process a payment. We will share transaction data with our payment services providers only to the extent necessary for the purposes of processing your payments, refunding your payments and dealing with queries relating to your payments and refunds.
HOW WE USE AND SHARE INFORMATION
In general, the Personal Information you provide to us is used to help us communicate with you. For example, we use Personal Information to contact users in response to questions, solicit feedback from users, provide technical support, and inform users about promotional offers.
Legal purpose of the processing of personal data
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your personal data to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal data on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so.
RETAINING AND DELETING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements. To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements. We will retain your personal data as follows:
- Email address will be retained until you manually request to be removed from our mailing list. This data is stored for the purpose of processing or contacting the user, managing our relationships with customers, keeping records of communication with the user, and promoting our products and services to customers.
- IP addresses will be retained for a minimum period of 30 days and for a maximum period of 14 months. This data is stored to help us improve the Service, customise the user experience and make informed business decisions.
YOUR DATA PROTECTION RIGHTS UNDER THE GENERAL DATA PROTECTION REGULATION (GDPR)
If you are a resident of the EEA, you have the following data protection rights:
- If you wish to access, correct, update, or request deletion of your personal information, you can do so at any time by emailing support(at)thevahandbook.com.
- In addition, you can object to the processing of your personal information, ask us to restrict the processing of your personal information or request portability of your personal information.
- You have the right to opt-out of marketing communications we send you at any time. You can exercise this right by clicking on the “unsubscribe” or “opt-out” link in the marketing emails we send you. To opt-out of other forms of marketing, please contact us by emailing support(at)thevahandbook.com.
- Similarly, if we have collected and processed your personal information with your consent, then you can withdraw your consent at any time. Withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing we conducted prior to your withdrawal, nor will it affect the processing of your personal information conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent.
- You have the right to complain to a data protection authority about our collection and use of your personal information. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority.
We respond to all requests we receive from individuals wishing to exercise their data protection rights in accordance with applicable data protection laws.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
We may update this policy from time to time by publishing a new version on our website. You should check this page occasionally to ensure you are happy with any changes to this policy. We may notify you of significant changes to this policy by email or by placing a prominent notice on our site. Significant changes will go into effect 30 days following such notification. Non-material changes or clarifications will take effect immediately. You should periodically check the Site and this privacy page for updates.
The VA Handbook Ltd’s website may gather information about your general Internet use by using cookies in order to help you personalise your online experience. Where used, these cookies are downloaded to your computer automatically. A cookie is a text file that is placed on your hard disk by a web page server. Cookies cannot be used to run programs or deliver viruses to your computer. Cookies are uniquely assigned to you, and can only be read by a web server in the domain that issued the cookie to you.
‘Essential’ cookies are automatically placed on your computer or device when you access our website or take certain actions on our website. ‘Non-essential’ cookies and other technologies are only placed on your computer or device if you have consented to us doing so. You consent to us placing non-essential cookies on your computer or device by continuing to use our website with your browser settings set to accept cookies.
Cookies may be either “persistent” cookies or “session” cookies: a persistent cookie will be stored by a web browser and will remain valid until its set expiry date, unless deleted by the user before the expiry date; a session cookie, on the other hand, will expire at the end of the user session, when the web browser is closed.
Cookies do not typically contain any information that personally identifies a user, but personal information that we store about you may be linked to the information stored in and obtained from cookies.
EXTERNAL THIRD PARTIES
SHARING WITH SOCIAL NETWORKS
If you use the buttons that allow you to share products and content via social networks like Twitter and Facebook, these companies may set a cookie on your computer memory. Your interactions with these features are governed by the privacy statement of the company providing it.
You have the ability to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. If you do not know how to do this, the links below set out information about how to change your browser settings for some of the most commonly used web browsers:
This website is owned and registered by VA Handbook Ltd. We are registered in England under registration number 11198848.
The VA Handbook Ltd
2b Trafalgar Mews
Data Protection Officer
Our data protection officer’s contact details are: