If you’re looking to set up your own Virtual Assistant business then you may be considering buying my DIY VA course. The course is really popular because it not only shows you how to become a Virtual Assistant, but also how to market yourself and then work better once you are one. Here are the questions people ask most often.
Although I have many FAQs on the course sales page, I wanted to use the space a blog post allows to answer some of your questions in a bit more detail.
FAQs about my DIY VA course
Is the course content specific to the UK?
Not at all. There are many people from all over the world on the course and the content is not dependant on the location of each trainee.
The course focuses heavily on how to set up your business (services to offer, what to charge etc), securing clients, marketing, creating a brand, and then how to work effectively once you have clients.
Important stuff you need to know wherever you’re located!
You may think you”re done once you start working with clients, but this is not the case at all – in fact it’s just the beginning of your journey!
So one of the great things about the course is that, not only does it cover you when you’re in the process of setting up your VA business, the content and private Facebook group continues to provide support once you’re established and working with clients.
Do you cover tax and other legalities?
Yes and no. I explain that you need to find out how to register and pay tax in your own country but I don’t provide links or information on how to do so.
This is because:
- There are a lot of countries in the world and I can’t keep on top of each countries tax processes, nor do I want to be liable for any country-specific legal information.
- A VA needs to be resourceful and, because a great deal of the course is teaching you how to think and act like an independent business owner, it’s important to find some things out for yourself.
- There are loads of people in the trainee-only Facebook group from many different countries so it’s easy to find answers to those types of questions there.
Can I see what lessons are covered in the course?
Sure. If you click here you’ll be taken to my Munro Courses website where the DIY VA course is hosted, and you can see all the different lessons.
How long it takes to complete the course?
It’s hard to say how many hours on average it will take to complete the course because how long it takes is entirely up to you. Some people plough through it and are up and running with clients within a few weeks, and others go at a much slower pace and complete it over the course of a few months.
So really, it is up to you and how much time you have or want to dedicate to it.
I think the shortest time someone has done the course and been up and running with clients was 3 weeks although they were off work at the time. After that, I did have a trainee who had a small daughter and was working full-time and she was at capacity at 6 weeks. She was a complete force of nature however!
Some trainees mention how long it took them to complete (or how quickly they got clients) on this page full of additional testimonials and I also have quite a few interviews with trainees of the course who also say how long they took to complete the course.
However, because nearly everyone who takes the course is setting up a business alongside their full time job (you need to do this to see whether you even like being a freelancer!) and you don’t want to end up with an unstable business, it’s really important not to rush each stage.
Can I buy the course now but start later?
Yes you can. You get lifetime access to the course so you can access and work through it whenever you like.
What docs and downloads come with the course?
You can see a full list of documents and templates that come with the course in the FAQs section of the DIY VA course sales page.
Do I get discounts off any of your other courses?
You do indeed. The minute taking, WordPress, email marketing, pricing, and marketing courses are not included and nor are the legal documents, but you receive special discount codes for all of them.
Saying that, the reductions are good but they are never as large as when I hold a sale. Which I don’t do very often by the way!
I’ve heard the course comes with Facebook group, can you tell me more about that?
The private Facebook group is called the Rock Stars and is only for trainees of the course. The group is a mix of both newbies and VAs who have completed the course a long time ago and who are now at a really advanced stage. This is great because the newbies get the benefit of their experience.
Loads of things take place in this group:
- Friday coffee mornings where we discuss our week (I then record a video with my thoughts and advice).
- The ‘Buddy up’ scheme where you get to chat with another member of the group each month. Some of the more experienced VAs often like to mentor the new trainees.
- The Business Book Club where we read and discuss a new book each quarter.
- Regular local meet ups so you can out faces to names (and tiny profile photos!)
- Free access to a marketing expert and a lawyer
- Work enquiries – any job opportunities I receive are posted to this group and members regularly outsource work to each other or engage members as associates.
- A monthly Live Q&A session where we all virtually get together for wine and a chat. I tell you what I’ve been up to, update you on any new things, answer questions and then impart some useful business advice to keep you on track.
You have loads of support and the other members totally have your back.
Many trainees have mentioned how valuable the support of the group is in their DIY VA course success story but the group is also a really fun place to be.
The mood and attitude is also very different than the mood of the free Handbookers group because the members have literally invested in their future. They’ve taken action to change their lives so seem much more focused and determined – they’re like a little family really.
There’s a great deal of positivity and a can-do attitude.
The price is in pound sterling, how do I find a how much it is in my currency?
You can find out the exchange rate on the website xe.com. When you click to buy the course you’ll see the amount you’ll pay in your own currency but by checking xe first, you won’t get any nasty surprises!
Can I pay in instalments?
You sure can. It works out a little more expensive but I have options to suit every budget and you can see all my instalment plan options here.
Can I speak to someone who has already done the course?
You can indeed and you can do this in a few different ways:
- You can ask if anyone has done the course in the VA Handbookers Facebook group.
- You can watch one of the trainee videos and then contact them through their website or via the Facebook group.
- You can read one of the trainee interviews and then contact them through their website or via the Facebook group.
- You can look at all the additional testimonials, look up them up and then contact them through their website or via the Facebook group.
I’d like to buy the course!
Awesome. Then please click here to buy the DIY VA course and I’ll see you on the other side!
I have a few more questions
No problemo. Email firstname.lastname@example.org and ask away!