I think it’s really important to see what it’s actually like to be a VA so I’ve set up some video interviews with new VAs for you. I want to show potential VAs what life is actually like when you work for yourself, to see that ‘regular’ people can do it and to inspire you to make the leap yourselves. I also want to give existing VAs an insight into how other freelancers work, what tasks they do, who their clients are, how they manage them, how they get them and how much they charge them.
All the new VAs were asked these questions about being a VA (plus a few more):
- How long have you been a virtual assistant?
- What were you doing before you went freelance?
- Why did you decide to become a freelancer?
- What kinds of services do you offer and to what kinds of people?
- How many clients do you have and what kinds of things do they need help with?
- Are you surprised at the things they’ve needed you to do?
- Who was your first client and how did you get them?
- Where do most of your clients come from?
- What kind of marketing do you do and what works best for you?
- Was getting clients easier or harder than you thought?
- What sort of pricing works best for you?
- How do you manage your clients and set boundaries?
- Who is your favourite client and why?
- Have you ever had any nightmare clients – tell me about that
- Have you ever been ask to do something you didn’t know how to do?
- What did you think being a VA would be like and were you right? Any surprises?
- How do you manage your time – do you have a set daily or weekly routine?
- Are you enjoying being a freelancer and what’s the best thing about it so far?
- What’s the hardest thing about being a freelancer / VA so far?
- Is there anything you miss about corporate life or working in an office?
- What are your 3 top tips for anyone thinking of taking that first step into freelancing?
Some of their answers are really surprising!
So if you’re thinking of becoming a Virtual Assistant but want to know what it’s actually like to work for yourself then these videos are a great way to see if the reality of freelancing is for you.
- Click here to see all the VA video interviews on my YouTube channel
- Click here to join my Facebook group and see this kind of thing first
- Click here if you’d like to become a Virtual Assistant yourself